Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Too Cool-ulottes for School

 
 
  
Hello , Everyone!!!
 
 
I've been wanting a pair of culottes ever since they resurfaced in the fashion world a few years ago. When I saw these high rise pleated black culottes at Target I knew I had to buy them. Culottes are a throwback to the 70's fashion. When I was a kid they were referred to as gauchos, it shows you that everything old comes back in fashion. The great thing about less structured culottes is their appearance of a full skirt so you can dress up them the same way. To add structure to the baggy flair of culottes l would suggest pairing them with a fitted black blazer or a cropped leather jacket that falls at the top of the culottes. Today I kept the look simple with a black and white palette. I chose a v-neck white t-shirt and a cropped leather jacket that I accessorized with a silver multi-chain necklace.
When winter approaches, I'll be pairing these culottes with a chucky turtleneck sweater under a faux fur vest and knee high boots. Would you try the culottes trend this Fall?
 



 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Outfit Details:
Leather jacket: Forever 21
T-shirt: Target
Culottes: Target
Booties: Aldo & Target A+ Collection
Bag: Forever 21
Necklace : Unknown
Lipstick: Wet & Wild (503C)
Lip gloss: Revlon Super Lustrous (215) 
 
Until next time, XOXO
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment