Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Maxi-mium Effect

Hello, Everyone!!! After a week of school, the weekend is finally here.
On Thursday I was given the opportunity to wear this amazing pleated maxi skirt.




If it was up to me, I would wear my dresses and skirts every single day they instantly make me feel dressed up with very little effort. However wearing them can be a bit of a challenge in the colder months, it takes some serious layering skills to maintain your style and stay warm.




This skirt is not necessarily for Winter because of the sheer thin overlay so I added a pair of skinny jeans and thick leggings underneath. My original plan was to wear the maxi skirt with wedge booties but my wedge sneakers were more comfortable after a long day. I choose a simple v-neck sweater to keep the attention on the skirt.





Lately I've been into wearing belts over everything from tops to jackets and today wasn't any different. I choose a thinner belt this time to define  my waist  over the long layers.






I did not want to wear a oversize winter coat so I choose my favorite motorcycle leather jacket and faux fur vest to achieve the most flattering look in proportion.




I finished the look with a simple collar necklace, beige cowl and an amazing turban style hat made by my mom. As I previous discussed I fell in love with this red lipstick by Black Radiance I couldn't resist wearing it again.


Outfit Details:
Leather jacket: Sheinside
Faux fur vest: Banana Republic
Sweater: Target
Skirt: Thrift store
Sneakers: Target
Necklace: Forever 21
Bag: Banana Republic
Belt: H&M
Cowl: Thrift store
Hat: Made by Mom
Lipstick: Black Radiance (5014)



Until next time, XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment