Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How to Wear a Floppy Hat in December






Hello Everyone !!!. I am happy to announce that I am able to take my pictures on my own with my new trusty  tripod!!!. I am so ecstatic it couldn't come at a better time for me, now I can post more of my daily outfits at the mercy of mother nature of course.






 I brought my tripod from Amazon online, this particular tripod is apart of the new Amazon basics line. It is the perfect tripod for those who are beginning in photography or in my case blogging because it is lightweight and easy to use. The tripod comes with a bag to help you carry around and it can be extended up to 60". The next item on my Christmas wish list will be a Canon EOS Rebel SL1 to step up my photography on my blog which will fulfill my blogging dream. 







At the end of every weekend I pick out my outfits for the following week depending of the predicted forecast. However as a New Yorker, I know how unpredictable the weather can be from day to day
 so you can only imagine my excitement when I was able to wear the outfit I originally planned for today.






I must admit I wear something from Target almost everyday and today was no expectation.  I seriously shop or should I say stalk the website constantly. I brought this dress last summer on extreme sale for at less than $20. Initially I saw this dress in black with white sleeves featured on
Ashleigh Hutchison from the fashion blog " The Daileigh" (seen here). She wore her dress with the trendy Gucci ankle strap sandals which makes it appropriate for the hotter months.










I started today's look with this dress from Mossimo for Target. It is the perfect shift dress for my pear shape. The cobalt blue sleeves bring the eyes up to my upper body with less focus on my bottom half. It has a simple silhouette but it features an exposed gold zipper in the back.








I winterized my dress by pairing it with my black faux fur vest from Banana Republic and my moto- leather jacket. It was cooler when I left for school earlier so I added black tights, booties and my go-to floppy hat to keep me warm.









Unlike Ashleigh, my dress features cobalt blue sleeves instead of  white sleeves which makes it the perfect little black dress with a pop of color. It adds a cute twist to the traditional little black dress. Every women needs a little black dress in her wardrobe.























Outfit Details:
Dress: Target (similar ,similar)
Tights: Unknown (similar)
Boots: Sam and Libby for Target (exact)
Leather jacket: Sheinside (exact)
Faux-fur vest: Banana Republic (similar)
Bag: Banana Republic (similar)
Floppy hat: American Apparel (similar)
Lipstick: Berry Haute by Revlon (exact)


How did the pictures turned out ?
I would love to know your honest opinion.


Until next time, XOXO 

2 comments:

  1. I love floppy hats and it looks fantastic on you.
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete