Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wild Hair Wednesdays

I think I was in middle school when I got my first perm. Unfortunately after one incident  the perm  damaged my hair and some of  my hair fell out . I started to wear my hair in box braids until my sophomore year of high school to help my hair grow back . I remember asking my mom if I can get another perm. She agreed. I regretted that decision later in life.  I  thought perms would make my hair manageable and easier to style but unknowingly I was  damaging it. After years of having relaxed hair from high school to college, I  decided to go natural. To transition from relaxed to natural hair, I started to use protective styling  such as box braids and wigs. I've been natural for over two years now and I am loving it. My hair is much healthier and fuller then ever before. My hair has definitely reverted back to when I was a little girl and my mom used to do my thick hair in afro puffs. 
Here are a few pictures of me during my transition from relaxed to natural as well as other women with beautiful natural hair.

Relaxed Hair

Wigs


Box braids


Natural Hair Selfie



Some of my Natural Hair Inspiration




Julia Sarr Jamois (photo source)
Natural Updo (photo source)

                                                                   


                 
Fro (photo source)

                                                               



                                                                                    Until next time, XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment