Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

D.I.Y Kind of Girl

 


 
 
 
Hello, Everyone !!!.

 
If you grew up in the 90's and beyond, you know that there is nothing new under the sun. I remember tattoo chokers as a kid but back then they didn't give the best image for the girls who wore them. However today they have mass appeal and have become more stylish and grown up. Chokers have made a big comeback for S/S '16,  they are a great pairing to the off the shoulder trend which is a nod to the 70's.  However along with popularity,  chokers can be a bit more expensive than their tattoo plastic counterparts. I've looked online and saw prices ranging from $3 -$100 if you are like me and do not want to spend a lot of money on a trend that may fade again, you should try creating your own using supplies in your home.
 
 


 
 
Supplies you'll need for string choker
  • A medium- large shopping or gift bag handles (I used a bag from Brooklyn Industries) 
  • A bolt or keychain ring
For the keyhole choker, I removed one handle of the shopping bag. I didn't have a available keyring so I used a bolt that was in my "just in case of emergency" drawer.  I folded the handle in half, placing the bolt on the folded end. Once the bolt was secured, I gently placed the handle over my head with the bolt in front. When I lined the bolt in the center, I took the ends (the unfolded side) of handle and place them outside of the bolt and tied them in the back of my neck.
 



 
Supplies you'll need for lace choker
  • Old lace panties 
For the lace choker, I used a old pair of lace panties, I  started to rough cut the lace waistband off and discarded the rest. Once the waistband was cut off I neatly trimmed off any excess material and voila it was complete. The lace has enough elasticity so I can wrap the choker around my head twice and then adjust to my liking.
 





I hope you like my recreation, let me know if you try it out.
 
Until next time, XOXO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment